Patents – we wrote the book on Patent Strategy
In the 1990s, our founder wrote the book on patent strategy for company leaders, and worked with closely with clients like the predecessor to today’s at&t, Samsung, Warner Lambert, Pfizer, and Qualcomm, to prepare and prosecute their patent applications. With decades of experience since, members of our team have handled thousands of patent applications. In our patent practice, we bring with us:
- Familiarity with organization culture. We have extensive experience working closely with engineers and scientists at all levels, at a wide range of organizations.
- Effective communication and comprehension. Our blend of business, legal, scientific, and technical experience allows us to effectively communicate with business leaders, technology personnel, and scientists, so we can quickly comprehend the subject matter without unnecessary intrusions on their time.
- Proficiency with technology. We are skilled in many technologies, including but not limited to optics, mechanical structures, electronics, computer hardware and software, biology, chemistry, and numerous others.
- Familiarity with the US Patent and Trademark Office. We know the US Patent Office, their systems, and their concerns. Our team is comprised of former patent examiners, and attorneys who have frequently worked with officials at various levels within the Patent Office.
- First hand knowledge of litigation and business transactions, where our clients’ patents will be tested. The best patents are pursued in a way to survive these later challenges where the patent will be scrutinized. Our team has benefited from experience in litigation, patent prosecution, and business transactions all involving patents. Tony Miele wrote a book on the topic (Introductory chapter of book…).